Cheers to British Columbia’s Breweries! 🍻 (Award Winners)
British Columbia (BC) has always been a hotspot for craft beer enthusiasts, and 2023 has proven to be no exception. From international accolades to local achievements, BC’s breweries are making waves in the beer world. Here’s a toast to some of the recent highlights:
1. Vancouver’s Golden Moment at the World Beer Cup: Three Vancouver breweries have struck gold at the World Beer Cup, one of the most prestigious beer competitions globally. Powell Brewery’s “Old Jalopy Pale Ale” clinched the gold in the Extra Special Bitter category, while 33 Acres Brewing Experiment’s “Saaz Dry-hopped Saison” and Brewhall’s “Slice of Paradise Yuzu Wheat” also brought home the gold in their respective categories. In total, BC beers bagged seven medals, making up half of Canada’s total haul at the 2023 ceremony. Source: Vancouver Is Awesome
2. BC Dominates the Canadian Brewing Awards: The 2023 Canadian Brewing Awards witnessed BC breweries shining brightly on the national stage. A whopping 39 BC breweries won 51 awards, including 16 golds, 17 silvers, 12 bronze medals, and six honourable mentions. Twin City Brewing from Port Alberni emerged as a significant winner, securing four awards. Other notable mentions include Powell Brewery, which won two golds, and Small Gods Brewing, a newcomer that clinched a gold and a silver. Source: The Growler B.C.
3. New Breweries Making Their Mark: Grey Fox Brewing from Kelowna, which opened its doors in December, grabbed attention by winning a gold for its “Quick Witted” in the Gluten Free category. Similarly, Penticton’s Abandoned Rail Brewing received a gold medal for its “Bellhop Porter”.
4. A Diverse Range of Flavors: From the “Finnegans Irish Stout” by Hoyne Brewing to the “Cosmic Kolsch” by Monkey 9 Brewing, BC breweries showcased a diverse range of flavors, styles, and innovations, catering to every beer lover’s palate.
In conclusion, whether you’re a seasoned beer aficionado or someone looking to explore the world of craft beer, British Columbia is the place to be in 2023. With its breweries receiving international recognition and continuously pushing the boundaries of brewing, BC promises a beer experience like no other. So, next time you’re in the province, make sure to raise a glass to its thriving beer culture!
Now Available in Kegs: PLEASE BEVERAGE
What do you get when you mix local ingredients, unexpected concoctions, and dedication to small-batch craft? Bottled cocktails like you’ve never had them. We’re shaking (and stirring) up a new cocktail culture made from the best ingredients the earth has to offer.
A lot goes into making our homemade cocktails. From seeking global inspiration to sourcing local ingredients, we leave no stone unturned in our quest to serve the best cocktails you’ve ever sipped. In other words, we like to take the long way on purpose.
Experience a world of difference through our locally grown herbs, house-made tinctures, freshly squeezed juices, and ever-changing concoctions.
Check out our selection here.
Grab a cold one at Lower Mainland’s top beer events!
|Date||Event Name||Description & Address|
|19 SEP||Conversations after beer 🍻||Tomorrow, 7:30–10:30 p.m.|
London Pub, 700 Main St, Vancouver, BC
|19 SEP||Trivia Night at Granville Island Brewing||Tomorrow, 5:30–9:00 p.m.|
Granville Island Brewing, 1441 Cartwright St, Vancouver, BC
|20 SEP||September Social||Wed, 6:00–10:00 p.m.|
CRAFT Beer Market False Creek, 85 W 1st Ave, Vancouver, BC
|20 SEP||Trivia Nights at Moody Ales||Wed, 7:00–10:00 p.m.|
Moody Ales & Co, 2601 Murray St, Port Moody, BC
|23 SEP||Steveston Beer Fest||Sat, 7:00–9:30 p.m.|
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site, 12138 Fourth Ave, Richmond, BC
|23 SEP||White Rock Craft Beer Festival||Sat, 1:00–5:00 p.m.|
White Rock Museum & Archives, 14970 Marine Dr, White Rock, BC
|23 SEP||Yoga on Tap at Patina Brewing||Sat, 10:30–11:30 a.m.|
Patina Brewing Co. Brew House & BBQ, 2332 Marpole Ave, Port Coquitlam, BC
|23 SEP||Superflux F*$king Awesome Festival||Sat, 4:00–10:00 p.m.|
Superflux Beer Company, 505 Clark Dr, Vancouver, BC
|24 SEP||Live Music Sundays at Dead Frog Brewery & Tasting Room||Sun, 2:30–6:00 p.m.|
Dead Frog Brewery, 8860 201 St #105, Langley Twp, BC
|24 SEP||Dragged Out Sunday at Farm Country Brewing||Sun, 7:00–9:00 p.m.|
Farm Country Brewing, 20555 56 Ave #5, Langley, BC
|28 SEP||Yoga on Tap at Russel Brewing||Thu, 8:00–9:00 p.m.|
Russell Brewing Company, 13018 80 Ave, Surrey, BC
|18 OCT||Brewers Lectures||Wed, 1:00–6:30 p.m.|
Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia St, New Westminster, BC
|19 OCT||BC Craft Brewers Conference||Thu, Oct 19–Fri, Oct 20|
Anvil Centre, 777 Columbia St, New Westminster, BC
|20 OCT||Official After Party at Steel & Oak Brewing||Friday|
Steel & Oak Brewing Co., 1319 3rd Ave, New Westminster, BC
Hops and Giggles: Brewed Laughs for Beer Lovers
1. Why do they never serve beer at a math party?– Because you can’t drink and derive.
2. A neutron walks into a bar and asks, “how much for a beer?” The bartender replies, “for you? No charge!”
3. Never look at your beer as half empty. Look at it as halfway to your next beer.
4. How does a man show that he is planning for the future? He buys two cases of beer.
5. Friends bring happiness into your life. Best friends bring beer.